Subject: Please, I still need help w/ MS-DOS partition
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ralph Seichter <zodiac@darkness.gun.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/1996 13:00:26
Unfortunately, I did not receive any hints on how to use a MS-DOS partition
from NetBSD 1.1, so I guess I better repeat my request for help.

I found a document describing the procedures to access my C:\ partition.
After editing the disk label, I can mount it, and I can use 'ls' to get a
directory listing. But as soon as I access a file (or a directory), a
kernel panic occurs. BTW, when I use the floppy disk under NetBSD, I get
lots of soft read errors due to timing trouble.

Is there some FAQ or other document which could help me? I'll gladly send
the details of my hard disk partitions (start/end cylinder, size) to anyone
willing to help me.

Thank you!
        _
     _ //
     \X/ Ralph
--
"I am Pentium of Borg. Division is useless! You will be approximated!"