Subject: Re: multiport serial cards
To: Nathaniel D. Daw <ndd2@columbia.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/25/1996 20:58:37
> Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive NetBSD compatible multiport
> serial card? I see three brands supported in the config, but I'm not
> familiar with any of them or whether there are inexpensive generic
> equivalents, and so on. Does anyone have any experience or advice on
> this? Thanks very much.

I am using a Cyclades Cyclom-Y (I hope that's what it is :) card which
has 16 ports (I have the PCI bus version).  I am currently using 7 ports
to connect V.34 modems which are used for two permanent PPP links and
five dial-in lines.  I have been pretty happy with the board.  I have
a 120 MHz pentium machine running NetBSD-current of 960413.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---