Subject: Re: Pentium Pro and RAID
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/21/1996 12:13:30
On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> What is commonly referred to as RAID-0, striped with no parity, is
> supported by the ccd driver in software.  Many people have been using
> ccd reliably for some time.  My entire /usr filesystem resides on a
> two-drive ccd striped partition.

Just as a note of praise for this: I use ccd as well, and it's been
impressively reliable. Mine is a couple of Quantum Atlases on
/var/spool/news (a 3-7 day spool changing at a rate of 600 MB and
120,000 files per day). I've never had a peep from it in seven
months.  The last reboot was 82 days ago.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.