Subject: Re: Netscape 3.0b5 crashes machine?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/1996 18:38:22
Michael Graff writes:

> Has anyone else noticed random crashes when running Netscape 3b5 BSDI?
>
> I need to get lockups, or at the very least the machine gets into a state
> where TCP connections are accepted but nothing ever comes down the pipe.

I have the 3.0b5 (gold) BSDI version running, and the only thing I noticed
was it running out of memory, and dying from the ulimits on it.  I
unlimited them, and it consumed 26mb of memory, and brought the machine to
its knees...  I need to do some more experimentation, but from first
impressions, it looks like 3.0 will be as much of a pig as ever.

Mark