Subject: ifconfig problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@cable029028.cable.man.ptd.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/19/1996 10:22:18
I have two ethernet cards, one Intel EtherExpress16 and one original NE2=
000
card. The hostname I'm assigning to the Intel card is a non-registered
hostname given to me by my ISP. The hostname I'm assigning to the NE2000=
 card
is a registered domain (pc1.thenetgroup.com). I setup hostname.ed0 the s=
ame
was hostname.ie1 is setup but with a registered domain and ifconfig repo=
rts
"bad value". If I use the standard hostname I was given for that IP I ge=
"File exists", even though nothing else has been assigned to it.

Can anyone help?

-- Mister Gandalf.

--
              Straight from the FOREVER crashing computer!

                              Mentasm FTP
                           HTTP coming soon!
              A3000, 68040/40mhz, 54megs, 3.1gig, Ethernet

                  CLCHAT SERVER!  us4.clchat.vapor.com

                         Mac, Unix, PC, Amiga