Subject: Need someone with a P6 to test locore patch.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/1996 10:51:00
My officemate and I decided to see why the Cyrix 6x86 in my machine at home
wasn't being recognized as a Pentium or printing out the reputed "CyrixInstead"
vendor string.  After a few hours of digging in Cyrix and Intel manuals
we've got some patches to locore.s, machdep.c, and a few header files so that
the Cyrix is recognized, a few features are or can be turned on that aren't
on the Pentium, and since we were playing around in there anyway, the system
now knows about the P6 and has a CPU class for it.

Seems to work OK on the Cyrix, and we didn't break anything on the Pentium,
since this machine is running OK.  Anyone with a P6 care to see if it works?
Send me email.

Thor