Subject: Re: Netscape 3.0b5 crashes machine?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Tim Liddelow <tim@cst.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/1996 12:30:12
Michael Graff wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed random crashes when running Netscape 3b5 BSDI?
>
> I need to get lockups, or at the very least the machine gets into a state
> where TCP connections are accepted but nothing ever comes down the pipe.
>
> --Michael

I'm running the same version under FreeBSD and I get hangs with large
in-line gifs/jpegs (say in email or newsgroups), where nothing comes
down the pipe - it locks up for a while (say a few minutes) then
seems to recover.

Cheers
Tim.
 Tim Liddelow                     http://www.cst.com.au/~tim      _--_|\
 Software Engineer                                               /
\
 Creative Software Technologies   Multimedia VideoConferencing
\_.--.*/
 Phone:    +61 3 9563 4110        Unix, Win 32, X Window System        v
 email:    tim@cst.com.au         C++, C, Web, consulting