Subject: Re: APC ups monitor?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/1996 00:07:17
>> 	it would be nice to get something smart enuf to halt the machine,
>> but i would be ecstatic just to get something that announces a power
>> glitch, so i can log the dang thing.

>For just measuring things, so you can claim on the power company, do it
>the old fashioned way. Find an electric, analogue clock (not battery and
>not digital :), plug it in to the same outlet, and (assuming some level
>of accuracy) let the clock show you how many hours a day of power you
>are getting.

Or just grab ftp://ftp.quick.com.au/pub/unix/apcmon.shar.Z
its a couple of shell scripts that will happily talk to an
APC SMart UPS, detect power failures, shutdown when battery runs low
etc and even tell the UPS to turn itself off after say a 5min delay.

I've used these scripts on, NetBSD, SunOS 4.0 - Solaris 2.5 with
no problems.  See http://www.quick.com.au/sjg/apcmon.html for more.

--sjg