Subject: Re: hardware compatibility
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, ndd2@columbia.edu, michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: None <mika@cs.caltech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/1996 21:39:15
"Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" writes:

[...]
>The 3c595 is supposed to work in current.  I don't know how stable or
>high performance it is.  Mika?

We haven't had a single problem with it since we hacked it in a few
months ago. (It is perfectly happy with the rest of the 59X driver
that existed in -current at the time.) Performance is good, too--on
TCP, it seems to do up to 50% better than Linux does with the exact
same configuration, approximately 35-40 Mbps at best between two Intel
P120s (don't quote me on that, someone in the EE department claimed
this, the person who actually runs the Linux systems in question...)

I don't think I've ever seen a crash or even a stray console message
that had anything to do with the card, so I really can't complain :)

   Mika
   mika@vlsi.caltech.edu