Subject: Re: rimfire 5600 SCSI ctrlr
To: Ray Tripamer <ray@gabion.asci.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/1996 22:12:05
>I have inheireted an old 486 system with a rimfire scsi controller and
[...]
>if NetBSD supports this thing or not.  It wasn't listed specifically on the
>list of supported SCSI controllers, so I guess I am hoping that it uses a
>generic chip set that is supported.

Never heard of it.  Unless it emulates an Adaptec 1542, or some other
"standard" controller, the answer is "no".  So, the overall answer is
"very slim".

>I tried going through the install process with the KCOTH11 boot floppy,
>but when it got to the point where it makes the filesystems, I got
>"/dev/rsd0a device not configured" type errors, etc.  I'm assuming this
>means that it isn't going to work?

That means the kernel didn't find a SCSI controller it recognized (or
it could mean it didn't find any SCSI hard drives, but in this
case...).

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.