Subject: Wanted: stage 1 boot code testers
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/1996 00:24:36
I have some stage 1 boot code that needs testing, and my testing machine
is lacking a head (VGA monitor).  My other testing machine is lacking
a power supply (desktop-case style, mounted switch).

If you would like to volunteer for some mostly untested code, let me
know.  You will only have to overwrite sector 1 of your hard or floppy
disk.  You will have to replace it when you are done testing (if on a
disk you care about booting from).  Binary or assembler source.

Also, I would gladly take hardware donations (any denomination),
permanent or temporary.  I simply don't want to risk my development
machine (term used loosely :)

Since I'm in rambling mode, the following need a home:
o Astec power supply with very square modular connectors to motherboard,
  large-style connectors only to drives, probably meant for Dell mboard
o Fan-dead Fortron/Source 230W PS (correct connectors for modern equipment)
  (delivers correct current, fan doesn't spin)
o IOMEGA drive, I think it creates bad sectors on it's Bernoulli 90 MB
  cartridges, lifetime warranty on the disks tho :) with one disk
o Maxtor XT-8760S (scsi, 760MB drive), had what is probably a head crash
  electronics should be same as ESDI drive XT-8760(E?) if you know
  one you want to convert