Subject: Re: -current (1.2A-960626) snapshot available
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/1996 05:38:35
	Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> said:

> IMHO, it should be hard coded in the config file, or at least have a
> list of addresses to probe at and do so manually.

Does this mean that you don't accept neither
	ahc*    at eisa? slot ?
or
	ahc0	at isa? port ? irq ?
for AHA-284x ?

Why ?
It may not conflict with other devices (at least, if Jason's extent
map manager is available), and if you want to hard-code the address,
then you can easily do either
	ahc*    at eisa? slot 1
or
	ahc0	at isa? port 0x1c00 irq ?

> I dunno.  I just hate hacking the EISA code just for one (imho) broken
> VLB card.

I want to see official decision which config stuff should be used for
284x,  EISA or ISA ?

P.S.
BTW, why don't you commit the patch to
sys/dev/microcode/aic7xxx/Makefile.inc which fixes the problem of
"aic7xxx_seq.h: No such file or directory" ?
Is there problem in the makedepend.patch ?
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group