Subject: Re: -current (1.2A-960626) snapshot available
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1996 12:34:41
On 12 Jul 1996 12:05:42 -0400
 Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> wrote:

 > The main reason your 284x card doesn't ``just work'' in the 1.2 release is
 > because there really is no driver for it, I believe.
 >
 > The 284x lives in EISA space, but really is a VLB card.  IMHO, it should
 > be hard coded in the config file, or at least have a list of addresses to
 > probe at and do so manually.
 >
 > I dunno.  I just hate hacking the EISA code just for one (imho) broken
 > VLB card.

I'm fixing this right now ... writing an ahc_isa.c front-end for the
VLbus card.  Now that we have i/o space accounting on the i386, it's
possible to do this.

However, it's worth noting that the extent mapping code needed for this
is not in the release branch sources (i.e. it's "post-1.2" code...)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --