Subject: Re: NetBSD DOSEMU -- questions from a prospective NetBSD user
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Alain Kalker <alain@Wit401402.student.utwente.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1996 10:13:34

    Scott> On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Jason Downs wrote:
    >> That's like someone pointing out that NetBSD wouldn't exist
    >> without the CSRG, and calling NetBSD childish for having based
    >> their system on one from CSRG.

    Scott> Do _not_ attempt to twist this into something it isn't.
[Snip]

please, Please, PLEASE don't turn this into yet another OS war... Let's just
try to bring better computing to anyone who wants it.

I, for example, have been running an ever changing combination of Linux,
FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD (sorted alphabetically on purpose, no flame-bait
intended) on multiple machines and I will support them whenever my support
is welcomed. All of these have their specific merits and drawbacks.
However much I would wish for more co-operation between people, sometimes
this just isn't so. Live with it, for now.

-Alain Kalker
-
- "Anyone want to buy one of these superbly nice and clean white flags?
-  I will even throw in an inflammable, bullet-proof, NUKE-proof flagpole.
-  And if you buy them six-pack, I will add _six_ bullet-proof vests..."
-
-                           Vote for World Joy!!!