Subject: Re: Motif for i386
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1996 00:16:41
>Might be that the Linux emulation would run Red Hat Motif.
>Looks like a CD-rom is available from Red Hat for $149.00.
>
>http://speedy.redhat.com/redhat/products/motif/motif.html
>
>I never used it (Motif), but the Linux emulation works pretty
>darn good!

Well, that seems kind of convoluted.  If you were going to use *any*
emulation, it seems like it would make a *lot* more sense to buy the
FreeBSD CD and use the FreeBSD emulation.  At least then you have a
chance of building the stuff on NetBSD without going nuts.

>> Zdenek Salvet said:
>> > Does anybody sell Motif for NetBSD/i386 ?

>> I suppose not. I search for it but found only a unsupported product based
>> on NetBSD 0.9 and Motif 1.2. :-(

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.