Subject: Re: help: 3-button PS/2 mouse doesn't work with XFree86 3.1.2E
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <enami@sys.ptg.sony.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/1996 10:18:41
On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Jonathan Stone writes
	in message <199607081919.MAA00617@Bowl.DSG.Stanford.EDU>:

> I'm trying to set up a Pentium with a PS/2 auxiliary-port mouse
> that has three buttons.  I seem to have Xfree86 configured properly
> (from /etc/XF86Config:)
>
> Section "Pointer"
> #    Protocol    "microsoft"
>     Protocol    "PS/2"
>     Device      "/dev/mouse"

Please try protocol busmouse.

I don't yet using XFree86 3.1.2E, and only using 3.1.2C (known as
X11R6.1).  So, may be this infomation is old but the README.NetBSD
come with it says:

  5.1.  Configuring a PS/2 mouse for XFree86 on NetBSD

  The NetBSD pms mouse driver handles PS/2 style mice as Busmouse.
  Specify the protocol `busmouse' in the mouse section of your
  XF86Config file if you're using a PS/2 mouse.

enami.