Subject: Re: help: 3-button PS/2 mouse doesn't work with XFree86 3.1.2E
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/1996 17:59:34
>I'm trying to set up a Pentium with a PS/2 auxiliary-port mouse
>that has three buttons.  I seem to have Xfree86 configured properly
>(from /etc/XF86Config:)
>
>Section "Pointer"
>#    Protocol    "microsoft"
>    Protocol    "PS/2"
>    Device      "/dev/mouse"
>

>which causes the the X server logs the following in my xdm-errors file:
>
>	(**) Mouse: type: PS/2, device: /dev/mouse, baudrate: 1200

PS/2 is the connection for your mouse, but it sounds like the mouse uses a
different protocol.  Try Protocol  "MouseMan" or some of the others.
Your mouse appears to use a 3 button protocol.
--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my