Subject: Re: acd: unknown phase 1
To: None <salvet@muni.cz>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@lust.isca.uiowa.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/1996 19:37:42
> I'm trying to use Manuel Bouyer's ATAPI CDROM driver with NetBSD-1.1,
> but it is not probed correctly:
>
> wdc0 at isa0 port 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14
> wd0 at wdc0 drive 0: 1222MB, 2484 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sec <WDC AC21200H>
> wd0: using 16-sector 16-bit pio transfers, lba addressing
> atapibus0 at wdc0
> atapibus0 drive1: <GCD-R560B, , 1.00> cdrom, removable.
> acd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: wdc_atapi_intr: unknown phase 1
> wdc_atapi_intr: unknown phase 1
> wdc_atapi_intr: unknown phase 1
> atapi_exec_cmd failed
>
> Has anybody seen that ?

The unknown phase warning appears to be harmless, at least in my
experience.  It seems to be unrelated to the real problem, the one for
which you get "atapi_exec_cmd failed"

Try adding: options         ACD_DEBUG
to your kernel's conf file, and recompile.  For whatever reason (probably
having something to do with timing), I can only get it to work with
ACD_DEBUG defined.
[Actually, I narrowed down to the printf("acd: acdstart\n"); in acdstart()]

This problem was discussed semi-recently in port-i386 - you might want to
check the mailing list archives for more info.

Jeff Thieleke