Subject: Re: whats the video adapter on an ancient gateway 4DX-33
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/1996 10:30:15
>Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>

>I've got an ancient gateway 4DX-33 that I'm fixing up, and I can't
>figure out what the video adapter on the motherboard is compatible
>with for XFree86 purposes.

Do you have a build date for the system?  Gateway seems to prefer ATI
video cards; my 486/66, which was built 7/93, has an ATI Mach32 VLB
card.

If you give me a list of the magic numbers printed on the chips on
your video board, I may be able to help you more.

If all else fails, the VGA server should work.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>