Subject: Re: Xserver loses all keboard input with 1.2-beta kernel?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <mika@cs.caltech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/1996 23:21:16
We get similar problems to the ones you describe a lot on our PCs, but
not quite as bad, I don't think. Our X servers will "freeze up"--i.e.,
not accept any keyboard input, from time to time. Just keeping the space
bar down for a while seems to unstick them.. also switching to a different
virtual console, then switching back seems to do the trick. I have only
seen this with pcvt, and only running X.

P120--Intel MB, NetBSD 1.1B (it was the same on 1.1A), ATI Mach64,
3C595. But this problem still isn't nearly as annoying as the swapping
business :)

  Mika