Subject: Re: poor performances on cyrix 6x86
To: None <grefen@carpe.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/1996 17:40:22
grefen@carpe.net said:

> If the cyrix chip is probed a 486DLC  the caches are not enabled
> in locore.s unless CYRIX_CACHE_WORKS and CYRIX_CACHE_REALLY_WORKS are enabled !!

Well, the cyrix is probed as a i486DX, and not a 486DLC.
However, I've tried to add options CYRIX_CACHE_WORKS,CYRIX_CACHE_REALLY_WORKS
to my kernel config, but this didn't change anythings.
We have also run the tests under Linux, the results are the same.

However, this could really be a cache problem. Does anyone else have an idea ?
I think there sould be something to add to machep.c, or locore.s, to take
full advantage of the 6x86.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr