Subject: Re: AHA2740 support?
To: None <lukem@telstra.com.au>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/1996 10:17:48
>My question: will NetBSD-1.2 support the AHA2740AT (even if only one SCSI
>bus works) as we intend to upgrade netbsd.rmit.edu.au (the Australian
>NetBSD mirror) from a 386dx40 + 8MB + AHA1542CF(*) to a 486dx2-66 + 16-32MB
>+ AHA2740AT and it has to be known to work before we do this.

Assuming NetBSD 1.2 incorperates the last few changes I've made in FreeBSD
to the driver since it was last brought over, it should both work and work
very well.  The aic7xxx driver development is performed chiefly on a
pentium overdrived eisa motherboard with a 2742T.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations