Subject: Re: Sounds Cards
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1996 18:40:16
> >Has anyone ever thought of adding a member to the isa_attach_args
> >structure (and /sys/dev/isa/files.isa, and ...) for a second DRQ?
>
> I'm not sure it makes sense; how many other things need a second DRQ?  I
> think the flags work fine for this.

There should be a way to specify multiple IRQ's, DRQ's, I/O and memory
addresses.

The problem is, once you have all of those things, it becomes quite a
task to actually _check_ them properly in the drivers...  8-)

I implemented the above mentioned 'multiple's in the alpha code a
while back, but threw it out because it was just too much, and needed
some more rethinking.

cgd