Subject: Re: Sounds Cards
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/25/1996 17:00:29
>>Errr, does the current GUS driver really support full-duplex?  Hell, I
>>didn't think record worked!
>
>Well, at least the GUS driver lets you *configure* a second DRQ, which
>is more than the WSS or SB drivers can do. :-)

Well, yes, I know that it does that; I was the one who wrote that part :-)

I never got record working because it required capabilities from the DMA
chip that the interface at the time didn't make available.  However, I know
that Charles re-did all that a while ago; I haven't gotten around to tackling
that again.  Since John Kohl did all the work of getting it integrated with
the current audio framework, I was thinking of looking at it again.

>Has anyone ever thought of adding a member to the isa_attach_args
>structure (and /sys/dev/isa/files.isa, and ...) for a second DRQ?

I'm not sure it makes sense; how many other things need a second DRQ?  I
think the flags work fine for this.

--Ken