Subject: Re: Sound Card problems.
To: None <rvb@IGW.TRUST.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/1996 12:08:25
rvb@IGW.TRUST.CS.CMU.EDU writes:

> I have been playing with sound on a TP 710c.  This uses an ES-688 (or
> maybe ES-1688) that emulates a SB PRO.  In the process of playing
> with sound I fixed a few driver problems.  So my first question to
> you is are you changing the sampling rate when you get garbled sound
> or are you just cat'ing .au files thru /dev/audio?

Yeah, I have just been catting .au to /dev/audio.  I have the mixer utility
that a NetBSD user wrote somewhere around, but have pretty much just been
trying to get it to play via the /dev/audio method.

If you have any suggestions on which utilities to use to
play/record/control the audio devices, I'm *all* ears!  ;-)

> Lastly, I am about to post some bug fixes and questions about sound
> to kern-tech.  You might want to look there for further info.

I just subscribed now, so if I miss it, I will check out the archive.

Mark