Subject: Sounds Cards
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1996 20:32:59
   I've been seriously considering trying to coax my machine into
making sounds other than little bleeps and clicks, but I'm a bit
wary about most of the sound cards out there today, what with the
PnP mess and so forth. I don't have PnP BIOS or DOS on my machine,
so that isn't an option. So my question is, what ISA sound cards
out there perform properly and well on NetBSD systems? In particular,
an EISA/VESA system from a couple years ago. The main purpose for
now will be to play sound clips and sound associated with video
clips and maybe a game sound or two. In the future, though, I might
want to do some more serious music work with MIDI and so forth.
   Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computing Arts