Subject: mountd/nfs trouble.
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1996 01:31:54
I'm trying to set up my system to run NFS for another local machine's
use.  I've set up my /etc/exports file and turned on both NFS switches in
/etc/netstart.  Here's my exports file:

/usr/share -maproot=root -alldirs vex

and here's what I get immediately in the messages log:

Jun 23 01:27:50 biteme mountd[2802]: Not root dir
Jun 23 01:27:50 biteme mountd[2802]: Bad exports list line /usr/share -maproot

My exports file is set up just like a friend's NetBSD (on a Sparc) system
is.  And he has no trouble.  mountd will start for me but will not
recognize that single line.  Is this some weird fluke of the 1.1 mountd
for i386?  I would think that very unlikely.  What am I doing wrong?

--
Matthew B. Wood                                              mbwood@netcom.com
             "Psychoplasmics:  The Ultimate Therapeutic Device"