Subject: Re: NetScape colors incorrect
To: None <laine@morningstar.com>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/1996 10:51:49

> Oh yeah, a detail I left out: The display is actually on another PC
> running Win95 with the X-Win32 server (version 3.2.3) (which always
> advertises itself as having 24 bit color, no matter what the actual
> color depth of the display is). When I run NS 1.12 and 2.02 (both BSDI
> versions) right next to each other, the 2.02 gets the colors all
> wrong. This is the only program I've noticed that gets the colors wrong.
>
> I haven't tried it with a different display - I'll check that out.

Laine,

have you tried using the "-install" flag on Netscrape?  This forces it to
use a private color map; maybe you're seeing conflicts between other jobs
using the color map.  This will happen unless you have a full-blown
24-bit video system going, from what I've heard.

--
Matthew B. Wood                                              mbwood@netcom.com
             "Psychoplasmics:  The Ultimate Therapeutic Device"