Subject: Re: NetBSD DOSEMU -- questions from a prospective NetBSD user
To: Aron T. Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/21/1996 13:56:29
In message <Pine.OSF.3.93.960621085642.13645B-100000@gonzo.wolfenet.com>,
	"Aron T. Roberts" writes:
>On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
>> I would say that is an incorrect assesment of the situation, since
>> I've fixed about 20 security holes in OpenBSD -- a NetBSD derived
>> system.  I think NetBSD has fixed 1 of those (in a different way).
>

>At the risk of starting something ugly.....
>
>Could you possibly go into more detail about these 20 security holes??
>
>I am thinking of using NetBSD in a production environment and this is an
>important issue.

Hmm, OpenBSD doesn't seem any less stable or less suited to a production
environment then NetBSD is.  Just install the snapshot, cvs down a
source tree and rebuild from that.  If you want to keep on bug fixes,
subscribe to our source-changes and only update those particular files.

It's no harder then running NetBSD-current; in fact, it's easier, since
you can just use anoncvs instead of having to deal with sup's insanity.

--
Jason Downs		   (503) 256-8535 -/- (503) 952-3749
downsj@teeny.org  --> teeny.org: Free Software for a Free Internet <--