Subject: Re: Texas Micro PC problems
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1996 22:40:57
> I've seen ads for this card, and I'm curious:  Do they violate the PCI
> spec in order to get those six slots on there, or do they use
> PCI-to-PCI bridges?

21050 on the passive backplane. -current probes the 4 port ethernet
cards fine, which have a 21050 on themselves. These are then chained
behind to bridges. I haven;t actually got round to testing performance
or funtionality of these ports yet.

> <RANT>
> Hey, PC industry, this is why we need parity-checked RAM!  Without it,
> it's a lot harder to diagnose problems like Peter's.
> </RANT>

And (as my subsequent mail guesses) it was a memory problem. I did not
bother cleaning the contacts etc, and will wait 'til out SIMM tester
turns up :)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org