Subject: Re: Texas Micro PC problems
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1996 13:29:50
> Problem is, with -current, I am getting various user-land randomness,
> like core dumps, file not found etc etc. Occasionally I see:
>
> 	NMI port 61 a0, port 70 ff

One things that occured to me after I posted this was that it could
be a memory problem. Could the NMI and the user-level coredumps
(plus occasional reboots) be symptoms of memory parity errors ?

I have got the memory replace and left the external cache on. I am
now running a 'make' in /usr/src - this usually causes fireworks :)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465