Subject: Re: Serial brokeness.
To: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@easynet.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1996 00:53:12
On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:13:35 -0500 (EST)
 Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:

> > Anyone got a fix or atleast seen this?
>
> Which version are you running?  I have seen a lot of commits and chat fly
> by recently about serial ports on i386.  You may find that when you upgrade
> to 1.2, when it is ready, that the problems go away.  There is also a patch
> for a new com driver for i386, which was mentioned on either the port-i386
> or current-users list.  I'd get the URL for you, but my mail reader (elm)
> is severely lacking.  I'll forward it to you.

I'm running current, it really is a pain, it only seems to happen
when I'm not using a modem, i.e. I'm plugged into a router
or other serial device...

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae.                                          Easynet Group PLC
neil@easynet.co.uk      NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)