Subject: Re: DST - how to adjust the time?
To: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1996 09:22:06
At 03:51 PM 6/17/96 -0500, Mark Willey wrote:
>Rick Byers writes:
>>
>> Ever since the time change (I know it's a little late - I've been trying to
>> fix it on my own), my clock an hour off.  I keep the hardware clock at the
>> current local time (for dos and Win95), and I used the TIMEZONE config
>> option to adjust the clock in NetBSD (which BTW wasn't documented correctly
>> - it's the number of minutes to change by - not hours).  How can I convince
>> NetBSD to adjust the clock further during daylight savings time?  I could
>> allways switch the TIMEZONE parameter and recompile the kernel every time
>> the time changes - but that's a real hassle.

== stuff deleted ==

>link /etc/localtime to the appropriate file in /usr/share.....????
>somewhere.

Thanks Mark, but I allready did that, it's the daylight savings time that's
the problem.  Under standard time it's fine (with the correct timezone -
EST/EDT), but when it becomes EDT, it adjusts the time by 1 hour
(obviously), but I don't want it to because the CMOS clock has be
automatically adjusted (by win95 or by me manually).

Thanks,
        Rick
Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/