Subject: Re:Re: Hard drive boot problems (1.1)
To: None <NICK.HUDSON@sc.rafsca.hpdesk.hpdeskgw.hpdeskgw.mailnet.fi>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1996 20:20:49
Excerpts from netbsd: 17-Jun-96 RE:Re: Hard drive boot prob..
NICK.HUDSON@sc.rafsca.hp (900)

>    How can I check if this is the same problem that I have?

It depends:
If you already have a NetBSD installation:
  -Compile the bootblocks (sys/arch/i386/boot) with -DDEBUG
  -mount the install floppy, replace the files in /usr/mdec by the
    new ones
  -do the installation
  -while booting, watch the debug output (numbers). If you see
    a "2" and a "3", you have the same problem.
    (this happens in sys/arch/i386/boot/start.S)
If you don't have one:
  I'll put a new install floppy image for anon ftp on
    zelof1.zel.kfa-juelich.de:/pub/...
   If this works better, you had the same problem.

best regards
Matthias Drochner