Subject: Re: how is aic6360 support?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1996 17:35:56
Hi Todd,

> I have the opportunity to get a cheap multi i/o + aic6360 scsi

it might be just my motherboard, but I haven't been able to get
NetBSD working on my Adaptec 1515 (aic6360 based), though Linux
and FreeBSD work fine (And yes, I've checked the termination, I tried
different cables, drives, ... )

> and not DMA transfers.  Can anyone using this driver tell me how
> the performance is?  Super-fast scsi is not too important but if
> it's really slow that could be a problem...

Well, under FreeBSD and a couple of really fast drives, like the
Quantum Atlas 4.2 GB drive I get about 1 to 1.5 MB throughput while accessing
files through the filesystem.

It's definitely not fast, but it was ok for me, because it was cheap.
I am going to buy a new board soon anyway and then I am going to
buy a PCI-SCSI hostadapter. Hopefully, I can get NetBSD run on this one.

  Guenther