Subject: Re: how is aic6360 support?
To: None <Todd.Miller@cs.colorado.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1996 01:04:45
>I have the opportunity to get a cheap multi i/o + aic6360 scsi
>VL-bus card for a 486 I'm going to be using as a PPP gateway and
[...]
>the performance is?  Super-fast scsi is not too important but if
>it's really slow that could be a problem...

I've never personally used one, but what I've heard, let me just say
that it is "not fast". :-)

You'd be best off, if you're going to stick with that motherboard,
getting a BusLogic or Adaptec VLB SCSI card.  It'll be a bit more
expensive, but the performance will be waaaaay better.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.