Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@sandra.owl.de>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1996 20:10:06
On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> The last reliable drive Quantum built was the LPS 52/105.

This is silly.  I have dozens of LPS 270, Lightning 340/540, Fireball 540,
and even some Empire 2G disks that have been in service for 2+ years
without problems.  Well, the Fireballs are only about a year old, but
we've had no problems to date.  The only problem we've had with any of
these to date is that the Empires don't particularly care for being
slapping onto a RAID controller and exercised.

Now, we do seem to have hit a bad run of Trailblazer 840s, but it would
be... unwise of me to say that it had anything to do with the name on the
disk.  Maybe it's the model, but then again, maybe it was just a bad day
on the assembly line.

--scott