Subject: Re: AMD or Cyrix?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1996 10:13:29

Michael L. VanLoon writes:

>I would especially be interested to know if people with a Cyrix 6x86
>do see or don't see the DLC message (I'd like to know both).

>I would also be interested if there is anyone running any Cyrix chip
>where they don't see the DLC message.

	My 486SLC2/66 reports as an i486DX chip.. this is the machine
where the kernel would not boot at all for several months between
NetBSD 1.0 and 1.1 .. but of course it has worked great since.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group