Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1996 17:34:12
> 	I also have a Fujitsu IDE drive which is actually the fastest drive
> I own, but sounds like a jet engine on a fighter jet about to destroy a
> small village.

 The only drive I know which is almost "silent" is the new Quantum BigFoot -
large size pays back?

> 	My problem with the majority of Fujitsu drives is that they run
> So Damn HOT .. if I don't have an extra cooling fan blowing directly on
> this particular drive, it gets too hot to touch in half an hour.

 The specifications for almost all modern hard drive include a spec for
the cooling: 0.6m/s airflow sideways at min. for drives with at least
5400RPM.

 What has all that to do with NetBSD? :-)

 Anybody has a hint to my crash-problem?

--
Markus Illenseer