Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1996 07:47:12
Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>  wrote:
 > >> clone manufacturers).  I absolutely love my Logitech Radio MouseMan
 > >> (cordless; uses a mini radio transmitter rather than infrared, so you
 > >> can have all kinds of crap on your desk and it still works).
 >
 > Well, _if_ we're going to start mouse holy wars (probably as dumb as some of
 > the other holy wars seen on port-i386 ... :-) ), I think all mechanical
 > mice bite the big one.  I bought a Mouse Systems optical mouse for my
 > home machine, and I totally love it.

Back when I still used a PC all day (with NetBSD), I had a Radio MouseMan
and it was excellent! I'm pathologically forced to have a messy desk and
I despise not being able to drag the mouse because something heavy is
sitting on the cord...  Similarly with when I used a Sun all day, just
'cuz the mousepad is there somewhere, doesn't mean I know where it is and
with an Optical mouse, that spells "fucked". Many's the time where I'm
dragging the mouse on some random piece of paper that's there or even on
my jeans when I'm debugging something on my other desk...

Now if only I could convert a Radio MouseMan to HP-HIL, I'd be in paradise.