Subject: screen 3.7.1 installation chrash
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/1996 09:46:56
 I got a nice shock this morning. Attemting to configure the "latest"
release of "screen" version 3.7.1 my machine crashed. I run a 1.1
kernel derived from a standard GENERIC with some small changes to
remove non-required host-adaptors and such.

 The "configure" script tries to figure out whether my fifo's work or
not. The script includes a small source-fragment, which is compiled
and started. Immediatly after starting, my machine crashes and goes into
the kernel debugger.

 Any idea how to fix either the kernel or the screen-sources? How can I
help to figure out what causes the problem to help you to remove the bug
for 1.2 ?

--
Markus Illenseer