Subject: Re: AMD or Cyrix?
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1996 22:41:16
>> Perhaps the Cyrix probe should be changed to simply print "CPU: CYRIX
>> 486", or something like that, instead.  Does anyone else see the DLC
>> message with a Cyrix true-DX or 5x86 (or 6x86)?

>Yes, I see this with a Cryix DX2/80.  The chip itself runs just fine,

I would especially be interested to know if people with a Cyrix 6x86
do see or don't see the DLC message (I'd like to know both).

I would also be interested if there is anyone running any Cyrix chip
where they don't see the DLC message.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.