Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1996 18:46:22
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com writes:

> >> MS-mouse model II, serial
>
> >If you are going to be running the X Window System, get a 3-button
> >mouse.  I'm happy with my Logitech MouseMan.  Also, if your motherboard
>
> Seconded!  In my opinion, Logitech makes the best mice you can buy
> (their good ones -- not the cheap OEM ones they make for bottom-end
> clone manufacturers).  I absolutely love my Logitech Radio MouseMan
> (cordless; uses a mini radio transmitter rather than infrared, so you
> can have all kinds of crap on your desk and it still works).

I beg to differ.  The cheap-o OEM models that Logitech makes are the best
mice ever!  (Although that radio one does sound pretty keen...)

I just can't stand the "ergonomic" mice that microsoft makes.  Rubbish!
And they are backwards for lefties...

However, they are right about the 3-button part...  I bought a 3-button
Logitech "first mouse" to replace my 2-button microsoft mouse and let the
old one collect dust.

Mark