Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: Anders Eriksson <Anders.C.Eriksson@telia.se>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/04/1996 10:29:32
On Fri, 31 May 1996 14:03:47 +0200
 Anders Eriksson <Anders.C.Eriksson@telia.se> wrote:

> Intel ADVANCED/EV PCI motherboard
> P100
> AMI Flash bios
> 256 kb pipeline burst cache
> 16 Mb EDO RAM
> 2 channels PCI EIDE hd controller
> 850 Mb WDC EIDE hd

I would pay the extra and get a quantum fireball.

> ATI Mach 64 PCI, 1 Mb graphics card
> Soundblaser AWE 32
> Mitsumi FX600 6x CD-rom
> 3COM etherlink PCI combo

I would swap this card for an SMC 10/100 card.

> MS-mouse model II, serial
>
> What do you think about it?
> Shall I replace anything of it?
> Is there device-driver support for all this?
>
> I'm especially interested in wether this motherboard is considerd "good"
> or "bad".

The only thing I hate about this motherboard is that is only takes 2
full length PCI cards. The other 2 slots are blocked because of the
processor. Anyone know of a motherboard  that can take 4 full length cards
in the PCI slots? I know one exists but I can't remember what it is called
:)

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.
neil@DOMINO.ORG

           The star is going to collapse in a matter of minutes.