Subject: Re: Does anybody have a 5 1/4" 1.2 Mb floppy-only system?
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/1996 14:03:59
> Hmm. I'm not sure that I buy this. IMHO, people making CDs could very well
> be expected to put at least some small amount of work into it, if this makes
> things a bit easier for us.

There's a difference between thinking it "good," and recognizing it as
reality.

I don't think that it's "good."  However, to make it worth CD-ROM
distributors' time, they need to be making enough money from the sales
that they _want_ to make such changes.  I don't see that happening,
not now and not at any time in the near future.

Given that, the present reality is that it _doesn't_ happen.  And,
given that, if we want people to be able to use NetBSD from CD-ROM
distributions, out distribution floppies (and install programs) need
to understand CD-ROMs.

cgd