Subject: Re: I/O problems with GigaByte-586
To: Peter Simons <simons@petium.rhein.de>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/1996 15:59:14
Peter Simons writes:

>Mike Long wrote:
>
> > If you still have MSDOG on your system, run MSD.  It's not perfect,
> > but it will find most common things (like LPT[123]:).

>Unfortunately, I do not have any MS-DOS partition at all. If the tool
>is available somewhere for FTP, I could get a copy and build a DOS
>boot disk on another machine, though. Any hints where I can find this
>program? Or is it even part of MS-DOS?

	I've always seen it as part of DOS .. dunno if it actually comes
with it tho.

	Anyway, I've put up MSD.EXE for ftp, along with some images of empty
and bootable floppies, in case you can't "FORMAT A: /S" from somewhere.

	Just "gunzip < msdos.gz | dd of=/dev/fd0a", then mount it, then
cp MSD.EXE to it. It should then be bootable.

	ftp://ncremp.ag.iastate.edu/pub/MSD.EXE
	ftp://ncremp.ag.iastate.edu/pub/floppies/bootable/msdos.gz

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group