Subject: Re: ep0
To: None <tron@sandra.owl.de>
From: None <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1996 16:28:57
Matthias Scheler spreche:

	   Hi,

   today I tried to use Twisted Pair with a 3com 3c5x9 Ethernet board. I didn't
   work until I booted DOS and configured the card to use the UTP port. Is
   there really no way to avoid this? My ReadyLink/PCI (DEC 21040) can be
   configured to used any port with "ifconfig" while running NetBSD.

   --
   Matthias Scheler
   tron@sandra.owl.de

Yes, this is the case.  Did this about a year and a half ago.  The '509
required me to run EISA config to get it to do The Right Thing [TM] :-(.

				--*greywolf;
--
Sun could have remained quite profitable by staying with BSD-based OSs, and
they wouldn't have pissed off NEARLY as many customers.