Subject: Re: passing faulted-upon address, couldn't find -pr
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1996 15:50:25
On Mon, 27 May 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:

> I use this all the time, in fact I patch my tree with it every time I come
> up to -current so I guess it's reasonably safe.

So do I -- I have to, because I run CLISP (Bruno Haible's Common Lisp
implementation), and CLISP's garbage collector needs this stuff.  Of
course, I've recently switched to CMU Common Lisp, which is in certain
ways a better Common Lisp system than CLISP (for instance, it has a
native code compiler that generates faster code from Lisp source than
what GCC does for equivalent C programs), so it's not so important to
me anyway, but still...

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo