Subject: Re: badsect on NetBSD 1.0 / Seagate
To: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
From: Terry Moore <tmm@mcci.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/1996 17:37:13
Ah, yes, Seagate SCSI drives... not my favorite, either.

The IDE drives are from Maxtor, by whom I've always done pretty well.
Plus they're in stock at the local Staples, so I just went and got
another.  For workstations, I don't see much difference in performance
between these and SCSI drives; and not living in a major metropolitan
area, the convenience is worth a lot.  We've had 15 or so Maxtor drives
here, and never had a failure until now; so I guess I'm happy with them.

(By comparison, the Seagates in the Suns are a bit flakey.)

--Terry