Subject: MS-DOS lossage
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/1996 00:52:56
Recently I copied a debian linux archive with a funky filename
(say gcc-2.7.2.deb) into /ms-dos/tmp and it gave it a bizarre filename
(it included tildes, which I hear is MS-Win95's rearing it's hideous head)
PLUS it had a period in the "8" part of the "8.3" so it was unreadable from
MS-LOS, and Linux couldn't read it either (big suprise there).

While I'm not ruling out spite on NetBSD's part, I am a bit curious.
Is this lossage?  I think so.
--
"This watery manifestation of a vengeful god couldn't have come at a worse time"
   Tom Servo, MST3000, "Godzilla vs. Megalon"